Segway Tours in the Hunter Valley
If you are looking for a memorable experience while visiting the Hunter Valley, our guided Segway Tour is a must!
The tour is available to all who visit the Hunter Valley, and is an ideal experience with family and friends. This amazing adventure starts off within the Hunter Resort grounds (look for our reception area near brewery reception) before entering the historic stock route from the 1880's that runs right through the property. The tour also incorporates off road tracks & trails plus an old Shiraz vineyard and travelling through the world famous McGuigan's Vineyard and past the Hunter Bottling Company.... Over 5.2km's of fun!
Our trained guides will interest you with local facts, while encountering the beautiful scenery like Broken Back Mountain Range, plus scores of kangaroos, the odd fox, hare and possibly Jason the wombat (yes he was named Jason).
Will I be able to ride a segway? The short answer is yes. Our minimum age is 11, and we have had all age groups all the way up to an 87 year old great grand mother. Riding a Segway is quite easy and is suitable for all ages and fitness levels, though you must have a degree of free movement. To maneuver a segway, it's all about shifting your weight forward to go forward or lean back to slow down or stop. To turn simply lean the handle bar in the direction you want to go. Because they are self balancing, they do all the work for you, and become quite intuitive in a short period of time.
It truely is an amazing experience that will certainly be the highlight of your day and even your visit to the hunter Valley.
Large corporate tours are also available with up to 20 people per tour.
Visit www.nswsegway.com.au for tour times/dates.
- 4-5 tours per day.
- Max 10 people per tour.
- 1 hr tours: 10am, 1pm & 3pm. (8.30am & 5pm tours TBC)
- half hr tour: 11.30am
- Cost 1hr - $65 for adults, $60 for kids between 11 & 17.
0.5hr - $45 for adults, $40 for kids between 11 & 17.
- Min age is 11. Max age is 87+ ...TBC
- Min weight is 35kg. Max weight is 120kg (no exceptions).
- All participants must wear flat & enclosed shoes.
- At least one adult must accompany a child on the tour.
- ZERO ALCOHOL PLEASE. If you are seen to be intoxicated or just a bit, you will not be allowed on the tour.
- Pregnant ladies are advised not to participate.
- Segway tours run in all weather conditions, so please wear oppropriate clothing.
- Meeting point is onsite at the Hunter Valley Resort & Brew House . Segway Tour Reception/office is well sign posted - look for little building next to outdoor eating area.
- Also note: Lunch, dinner and a few drinks (after tour :) are available.
Please choose carefully and understand that once you have booked your Segway Tour, we have reserved this time and date for you. Therefore other inquiries or attempts to purchase or secure this time or date is denied. Although we understand the best made plans and attempts made by the client to take part in the tour can fail, past sales by East Coast Corporate & Group Xperiences have been lost and therefore we must have cancellation fees.
· Cancellations received more than 10 days (240 hours) prior to the tour date will receive a full refund of the tour fee.
· Cancellations received between 6 and 10 days (144 and 240 hours) prior to tour date will incur a cancellation fee of 50% of full tour cost.
· Cancellations received within 5 days prior to tour date will incur a full cost of tour cancellation fee.
Please also note that failure to arrive for a scheduled tour will incur a full cost of tour fee and refunds will not be given for any part of a package or tour after the passenger has commenced the tour.
Please note also that a “cancellation” includes a change to the date of a tour booking that requires the original booking to be cancelled. Although we do allow you to change your tour time or date prior to 10 days (240 hours), if required. The cancellation policy takes effect within 10 days of the tour.
The Hunter Resort and Brewery is on the Cnr of Hermitage Road and Mistletoe Lane, Pokolbin, NSW, 2320.
It's 5 minutes from Hunter Valley Gardens.
Once at the venue, look for a small building next to the outdoor eating area.